Although both the Laser Assisted New Attachment Procedure (LANAP®) and traditional gum disease treatment are effective, it is LANAP® gum disease treatment that provides patients with the most comfort and overall gum health by removing periodontal disease for Colorado patients. The PerioLase® MVP-7™ used in LANAP® reduces inflammation and actually stimulates tissue regeneration to ensure better gum health. Dr. Weaver is often able to save teeth that may otherwise have needed removed.
Some of the key benefits to LANAP® include:
- Shorter recovery period – Laser gum disease treatment is minimally invasive, which means there is little to no damage done to healthy tissue. This makes the healing process much quicker.
- Less pain and discomfort – There is no cutting or stitching of the tissue involved with laser gum disease treatment, making it a less painful procedure. There is rarely a need for pain medication afterward.
- Less downtime – Because there is little pain involved, patients can usually continue with their daily routine after the surgery has been performed.
- Very little recession of the gum line – Because no healthy tissue is removed from the gums, the gum line does not recede very much.
- Less bleeding – Laser gum disease treatment specifically targets bacteria while leaving healthy tissue intact. This reduces inflammation and the amount of bleeding.
- Low risk of infection – All of the wounds become cauterized during the procedure, reducing the amount of healing time and lowering the risk of infection.
- Stimulation of bone and tissue – Laser gum disease treatment is proven to help promote bone and tissue regeneration around teeth while preserving overall gum health. Teeth can often be saved that would have needed removal otherwise.
- No risk of complications – Laser gum disease treatment does not interfere with other conditions or medications.
If saving your teeth and reducing the depth of your periodontal pockets is important to you, then you must consider laser gum disease treatment.
Dr. Adam F. Weaver, located in Greenwood Village, CO, is a Periodontist who services patients from Littleton, CO, Englewood, CO, and Southglenn, CO. We are looking forward to welcoming you to our office and encourage you to schedule your appointment today!
Download the LANAP Laser Pack